This week in mobile app business news:
- Apple says apps and in-app purchase sales were $1b for the 2 week holiday period. This set new weekly records for traffic and revenue back to back.
- iOS shipped more units than windows last year. The 2 year refresh cycle of mobile devices was a contributor to this, as well as the decline in Windows PC sales. Also mentions that iOS 9 is now on 75% of devices.
- Apple is killing iAd. This article mentions that iAd would continue as a self-serve ad platform, but that is not the case. iAd is closing completely.
- Apple continues to push in to the education sector by allowing multiple user accounts on iPads with ios 9.3:
- There is talk of Apple killing the headphone jack. Over 200,000 people have signed a petition against it.