If you’ve listened to any episodes over the past month, you would have heard us talking about the continued shift from desktop to mobile. And with that shift we’re seeing people spend more of their time on the web via mobile apps rather than the browser. Mobile apps are quickly becoming a necessity for business, rather than an option. It’s like what we saw with web sites back in the late 90’s and early 00’s. Customers are growing to expect that the businesses they interact with have a mobile app. In this episode we take a look at come of the big benefits of mobile apps for businesses.
There are a lot of benefits that an app provides over a web site. Here’s a quick overview of what we covered in this episode:
- Increased customer retention – Companies with a mobile app reported that people who use their app visit their store 1 more time per month than people who don’t have the app. That’s approximately 50% more often!
- Apps allow a business to send push notifications. These are just like a text message. Direct and very effective with roughly 50% open rates.
- Another unique feature is location based offers. Mobile apps can trigger offers to users based on where they are (for example, near a store).
- An app provides a digital hub for the all of the companies social media profiles.
- It’s anther channel for email collection. But a mobile app gives the company the power to automate this by using Facebook login.
We covered a bunch of other benefits as well. If you’re looking to build and sell apps to businesses or you’re a business owner considering an app this episode is a must for you.
Other resources referenced in this episode:
This episode brought to you by:
B7Dev – Top notch software development at affordable prices.