In this episode we check out a report from App Annie – ‘Stayin’ Alive: Games That Last in the Charts‘. This report looks at some often overlooked statistics behind the apps that make the top app charts.
- The report looked at data from nearly 20000 games on iOS & Google Play. The sample was taken from among the ‘top-performing apps on both stores’.
- Some interesting questions are answered like:
- How long does it take games to hit their peak (both in terms of revenue & downloads)?
- What’s the typical lifespan of a game in the top app charts (the timeframe for which it generates meaningful revenue)?
- When do games hit certain milestones like 1m downloads & $1m in revenue?
- Some surprising results when comparing iOS & Google Play, particularly when looking at the earnings distribution curves.
- How can you use this data to move your business forward?