In this episode of the App Business Podcast, Andrew and Chris discuss the possibilities unlocked by mobile deep linking functionality coming built in to iOS 9 and Android M.
Mobile deep links allow data to be passed between apps from the web and other apps. They open up a whole new world of possibilities for developers and an improved user experience. Here are some of the key points from our discussion:
- There are some big moves being made in the deep linking space. Apple, Google and Facebook are all making moves in this area.
- Currently only 28 percent of the top 200 apps even have deep linking tags in place.
- Find out what we think the impact will be for app developers, publishers, entrepreneurs. How can you take advantage?
- iOS 9 is introducing ‘Universal Links’ – tied in with Spotlight and Siri to provide a much better search experience. Huge opportunities here for app developers in regards to app discovery.
- Android M will introduce ‘App Links’ – Google’s deep linking standard.
Win free enrollment into Andrew’s FB App Ad Accelerator program!
We’re running a contest for listeners of the podcast and we’re giving your the chance to win free enrollment valued at $149.
The course covers everything beginners need to get started with Facebook App Install ads. Learn how to identify your audience, set up targeting, create great ads and much more.
To enter, head over to iTunes and leave us a rating & review. Next go to this page and register your iTunes name and email address so we can contact the winner. That’s it!
We will randomly select a winner from the reviews and announce it on the show September 1st. Good luck!